View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 10:03 AM   #564
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hate-Hulse View Post
I've had the mythical Capital One card for what has to be 15 years and put a crazy amount on it during that time. My target has always been to return 2% on cards.

Sadly, I think the decrease in interchange rates from 1.9 to about 1.5% means the days of a 2% return card are numbered. I looked at the Rogers and the MBNA cards closer and it looks like the MBNA needs you to redeem points through their travel site which is overpriced. Rogers looks pretty good, but at a 1.5% rate it's equivalent to the Capital One - the real savings is the no annual fee. Not sure a $100 annual fee is worth dropping cards. The C1 has a great app and is super easy to redeem points - worth considering if you switch cards.

I have the WJ card too as a backup card but as I don't see us flying for the next 2 years I'm loathe to concentrate spend on it and give WJ any more money (as we have a lot of credits with them)

So for now I think I'll stick with the Capital One until a fully featured 2% card comes out.
Yeah, I am in the same boat with the WJ card. I have $7,000 of credits and a couple of companion vouchers, and given the travel situation, it might be good to find something else for the non-restaurant, non-gas, non-grocery spending.

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote