View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 10:26 AM   #2395
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsFaninCGY View Post
I'm having a strange issue with my iPhone 11 and the wifi in my house. I generally don't connect to wifi ever - I have a 20GB data plan so I never worry about overages. That said, when I do connect, it works.

That is, except when it connects to the network on its own overnight. When I charge my phone overnight it's usually disconnected from wifi. When I wake up it usually has connected to the network overnight. I suspect that this is because turning off wifi from the Control Panel is only temporary. The strange thing tho is that when I try to browse in the morning on the now connected wifi, I get 'no internet connection' notices. I disconnect from wifi and the cell connection works fine; I reconnect to wifi and it works fine.

Why would connecting to wifi overnight always be a 'no connection' in the morning?
Using the wifi button on the control panel only disconnects from that particular wifi connection for the day, you have to reconnect for it to activate that wifi again. Your issue on it not getting internet access again the next day sounds like it could be a setting in your router, what router are you using?