View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 09:19 AM   #31
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Was the lead role overly sexualized? My wife and I really loved The Force Awakens because Rey was not sexualized and she was just a great action hero.
I don't think they overly sexualized the lead role at all. I mean she is undeniably attractive throughout the movie but this wasn't a CGI airbrushed movie when it came to the women. There were wrinkles, women with muscles, women with soft middles, thighs wiggling when jumps were landed etc. She wears a superhero costume as all other superheroes do which are all sexualized to a degree. However, I think her costumes were actually pretty understated for a superhero movie.

It was a worry we had going into the movie that it was just going to be more of a T&A fest in the guise of a superhero movie (especially with an 11 year old daughter). It isn't. It's a superhero movie, and a good one, with a female lead that, yes, is attractive. But it's not exploitative on any level IMO. That very much sets it apart from previous incarnations of WW which did have that element.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ernie For This Useful Post: