View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 05:48 PM   #232
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Good for you man.

CPAP Machines and sleep apnea are not just for fat old white guys...not that I'm speaking from experience.
Although I cannot say that isn't currently true as I am 6'1 and weigh about 245 lbs, and not exactly svelt at the moment lol.....but it's also not like they need to remove me from my house by breaking down a wall and removing me with a forklift. When they were digging on my history the most likely cause for me was my past with body building and somewhat questionable 'supplements'.

When I was in my 20's I was between 240-260 and very muscular, I had a 19-19.5 inch neck at that time. Apparently the internal musculature doesn't really ever go away and as you get older it tends to cause obstruction issues... I don't know the exact science, but she said it likely was a very big contributing factor and it's why it's also so common amongst retired football players, wrestlers... basically big athletes.

But yes, it can hit anyone at any size... it is likely what killed Carrie Fisher for gods sake.

I am definitely holding some regret for waiting until I am 47 to finally deal with it, but it's better late than never.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote