View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 01:12 PM   #228
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Hey gang!

To start, I owe Peak Sleep an massive apology for previous comments I made in this thread... who woulda thunk it... the medical professionals were right and dumbass Pylon was 100% wrong.

I'm not gonna rehash the whole thing, my comments stand on their own as far as my arrogance and stupididty went. Going on a crash diet cured things temporairly but didn't offer a long term fix for both my weight nor my severe obstructive apnea. I was lying to myself.

Then I almost died.

I was at 88 events on my last sleep study, and have defintely worsened the last year or so. I was at the point where waking up and gasping for breath, coughing and choking was a once-twice a week phenomena, and about 10 days back, I had such a bad episode I ended up vomitting in my sleep from the choking, and almost did not wake up. I ended up on all fours on the floor trying to breath while I was choking on puke at the same time.

I could no longer avoid the terrifying videos my wife would text me in the morning, and she was at the point where it's get help, or she's leaving, she didn't want to wake up next to a dead guy who doesn't give 2 poops about his health. I could no longer avoid the advice of the cardiologist telling me, getting a CPAP could very well cure my AFIB issue.

I called Peak that morning, apologized for how unco-operative I was previously, sent them a couple videos, and they straight up said "Those are life threatening episodes." and they somehow got me a Dreamstation 2 that day and their therapist stayed late to accomodate me that night.

I truly believe they saved my life.

I have powered through the discomfort of wearing the thing, and after the first night, I could not fathom the energy I had in the morning. Life altering. I have not slept so well in over 20 years. And I only slept 4.5 hours the first night.

4.5 hours of uniterrupted sleep was ten fold better than 8 hours of basically being choked 90 times an hour. I have managed to get up to about 5.5 hours of uninterrupted sleep and the changes are damn near immediate.

In 10 days:

-I am not waking up feeling like I was in a bar fight the night before with a hangover, even though I haven't drank in 6 years.

-My resting heart rate has lowered 10 BPM and I am not having A-Fib episodes.

-Heartburn and Indigestion, gone.

-Chronic IBS and diarrhea vastly improving.

-Fogginess and fighting falling asleep at my desk every day at 2:30, gone.

-Headaches out of nowhere, gone.

-Sex drive, raging back.

-I've dropped 6 pounds and I'm not doing anything more than riding my bike and light weightlifing excercises.

-Instead of forcing myself to excercise in spite.... I am eager to hit the weights.

-My wife is finally sleeping instead of watching me all night hoping I don't choke to death, and there are no more arguments about my stubborness.

The follow up from Peak has been incredible, and I really don't care how long it takes to process the claim. I would gave paid vastly more than the $2500 it cost, had I know the end result would have been this incredible. I literally feel 20 years younger. I am sure there is a certain novelty of this bound to wear off in time. But I was at the point where physically I felt I was literally rotting away.

I'm sure I will get attacked by the ole CP mob for something I've said wrong here....and I don't really care. My hope is, some young guy or gal on out there reads this, makes an appointment and instead of being a frikking moron and pulling the tough guy "I don't need that thing, I can't sleep with that thing on my face....." yada yada yada.....

I was stupid for you, be smart. If you snore heavily like I did in my 20s, it's not gonna get better. Get the help you need.

Embrace it, and power through the first few days of discomfort instead of suffering with chronic fatigue, tiredness and a billion other health issues for decades, get the proven help you need.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post: