View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 01:57 PM   #353
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Early in the game I felt like that but deeper into the game I realized that a lot of the game is based on choices. What's more important to you the bison pelt or helping out a person? For some reason I have an issue being the villain in these games so I'm always the goody goody guy that tries to do the right thing and help everyone as I didn't hold up anyone that wasn't required by the main storyline. There's so many random encounters that missing out on a few is not a big deal.

First things first I advise any player starting out in this game to tame an Arabian white horse as early as possible as she's a blazer and speeds up transportation and the earlier you get her the faster you can max out her attributes and build a bond. There's actually a touching moment near the end of the game between Arthur and his horse. Also she's a beauty so you will get comments from strangers all the time about what a beautiful horse she is. As far as travel goes in the beginning I also felt it was tedious but deeper into the game when I knew the end was coming I was a little sad that I would soon no longer be riding through these beautiful landscapes and it really didn't bother me any longer as I started appreciating the massive living, breathing, environment the developers made for us to explore. There's just something about the living and breathing environment in this game that other open games like Far Cry or AC haven't been able to match. To me at least it felt special.
Oh totally, couldn't agree more about all of that. Yeah I have trouble being a bad guy as well in these games, that was the first time I haven't helped someone (helping people has paid off for me down the road a few times already; a free shotgun for one) so I hated missing that. But dang it I was right outside my camp after a long ride and wanted that pelt for Pearson crafting! What could've been..

And yeah I've really settled in with this game and even enjoy the pace, its such a beautiful, incredibly detailed world. Watching a storm roll in - especially with good headphones or speakers - is the best. The only thing that still irks me a bit is I wish the game remembered which guns I was using last and just kept it set to that, having it reset to nothing selected on your wheel every time you get on your horse is a little tedious. In the heat of the moment I forget sometimes, jump off for a firefight, and have nothing but my pistols the entire level. Aside from that I'm enjoying everything about it, so hooked.

EDIT: Thanks for the head's up on the Arabian, I Google'd it after reading that and see where to get him now. I literally just bought a thoroughbread so I feel guilty at present ditching him ha-ha, I'll give it a week or two and get my white Arabian.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote