View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 03:18 PM   #36
sworkhard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASP#26525 View Post
At the risk of offending a ton of people, yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyip. I sure am. With every fibre of my being. I cannot respect ideas that do not rely on evidence. Ideas lead to actions, and people taking actions that are not evidence-based scare the crap out of me on so very many levels.
Christianity is evidence based though; sure much of the evidence doesn't meet scientific standards of evidence, but there's plenty of it that does. The whole point of theology is to make sure doctrine is based on the evidence (whether it's good or not)

Evidence based is like saying something is based on a true story; false conclusions can be reached based on facts. Evidence based doesn't require the conclusion to be reached via scientific methods, but that's only a concern if your trying to hold something is true; it's possible and common to build a false, harmful narrative around indisputably true evidence.

Anyhow, Peterson isn't a Christian in the sense you referred to it. He basically views the Bible as a collection of useful stories that tell us something about human nature. This is consistent with how Corsi indicate's he talks about truth in the Sam Harris interview

Last edited by sworkhard; 01-21-2018 at 03:22 PM.
sworkhard is offline   Reply With Quote