View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 11:22 AM   #2
Simon96Taco
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

In for the info. I'm a really late bloomer too. Never took lessons as a kid, but "knew" how to swim and could comfortably do a length, or swim around in the ocean for ages. Just had no proper technique. Now am 40 years old trying to stay healthy and figured swimming is a good low impact thing I can do for the rest of my life. Also find it quite peaceful and a good way to forget the day, focusing on getting through the water and improving.

Signed up recently for swimming lessons (stroke refinement classes, not "how to swim") and am now at the point where I can get in 40 lengths now in an hour long class - not crazy, but still 1km. Would like to double that (2km in an hour eventually.

Am starting to get chafing on the legs from the board shorts, not to mention how much they hinder certain kicks (e.g. breaststroke) and am realizing I may need to swallow my pride and put on something a little more form fitting.

Will definitely check out that total immersion you mentioned. I've heard of it before, but never looked into it myself.
Simon96Taco is offline   Reply With Quote