View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 07:25 AM   #12
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
To be fair the sellers realtor's job is to sell the property. Most don't even do open houses anymore so to make them go to the property to show it and give you a nice pitch about how great the property is IMO part of their job description.
I disagree to a certain extent with the first sentence; at least in the context that you use it. You are referring to something similar to retail, where the salesperson's job is to sell the property. Things that Travis did for me when I was selling:
- Met with me to discuss out sales strategy.
- Went through the house with me and gave me a list of things to do. Categorized them into must do, should do, and also told me the things that I was thinking of that he said were a waste of time.
- He went through the market thoroughly to make sure the price was right, and that our marketing strategy was sound.
- Hired professionals for photographs and measurements.
- He also has some listing strategies that were brilliant.

End result, my house sold in 3 days for $5K over list, and $15K above what we had originally planned on listing it for. My next door neighbour sold at the same time as me. Their house was 100 sq feet bigger and had a full basement development. They sold in 6 weeks for $30K below their original list price, $25K below what mine sold for.

However I'm sure their realtor was there for more of the showings.

That all being said, when buying my new place, Travis has been with me any time I needed him. It is a new build so there wasn't quite as much as with buying used, however there were a few key points. Like he said, after talking with me he knew exactly what I was looking for. In this case with the showhome we did have the equivalent to a retail commission salesperson, but with having my own realtor I had somebody with my interests a heart. There was one thing that I was almost ready to concede on, but Travis knew how important it was to me. He got it pushed through. And looking back I would have been kicking myself for as long as I lived in the house.

tl;dr- IMHO selling realtor is there to represent the seller. Get yourself a good realtor to represent you. And a good realtor will not make you sign any commitment to show you a property.
The Following User Says Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post: