View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 06:43 AM   #29
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Stampede owns all the land south of 12th avenue. Parcels of land to the east are held by others and a huge chunk is owned by Remington, to eventually become their "Railtown" development. I would not be surprised to see some mid-rise and possibly the odd highrise directly to the east in the future (probably a good many years away still).

Lots of the new arena rumours have one of the locations on the SE corner of 12th avenue and Olympic Way (4th street). So that would be put it right across the street from arriVa, a hell of a perk if you have tickets.

This SE unit is nice (and a great size with a nice open living area), but I think the best views are from the NW units, they will not have their view of the core obscured by the next tower. Even our old unit would still keep a downtown view from the balcony, part of the living room, and the master bedroom. Still nothing cooler than waking up and seeing all of downtown right in front of you. Of course that is a big thing to a skyscraper geek like myself!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post: