View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 11:26 AM   #8750
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkitgto View Post
What I have learned from this thread is Biden is a Saint, and he's exempt from criticism. Anyone who dare questions him or his supporters will be labelled a nazi-Trump supporter (even if they hate Trump).

The air of smugness and self-righteousness hanging over this thread is the primary reason why Trump won in 2016.
Well then you've taken the wrong lesson.

This thread very much understands that the US Presidential election is a between two people, Joe Biden and Donald Trump. One of those two people will be elected tomorrow.

You can support either candidate. You're either Pro-Trump or Pro-Biden.

If you argue against one of the candidates, you're supporting the other. It's a zero sum game.

Rightly or wrongly, it's designed that way.

During the World Series if you talked about how much you hate the Rays and how much Tampa sucks, you, by definition, were supporting the Dodgers. You don't need to scream "Let's Go LA" as stating "Rays Sucks" does the same thing.

No one in this thread has stated Biden is a saint. Biden himself admits to such.

However, in a campaign between Biden and Trump, if you argue against Biden you are supporting Trump.

You are correct in the sense that's what happened in 2016. Only it wasn't that "Trump supporters are deplorable" it was "Hillary sucks" and the anti-Hillary sentiment that took over the election caused Trump to win by the slimmest of margins. There was enough hatred for Hillary that a block of voters stayed home, and another voted third party, so when she was elected President they could say "well I didn't vote for her".

The posters here aren't going to let that same thing happen again.

Now that I've explained it for the rest that are reading, you may return to underneath your bridge good sir.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post: