View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 10:19 AM   #7
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post

So yeah, I think they'll probably score, say, 10-15% more goals as a team than they did last year. Some players won't meet the expectations, others will be injured, some may exceed them depending on deployment and development. But I can't look at any of those predictions and say "that just isn't going to happen".
Wait a second, a 15% improvement over last year would put the Oilers at 270 goals which would make them the 6th most lethal offense in the league.

A team with maybe 3 what I would call bonified offensive talents in RNH, McDaivd and Draisaitl. A team with an offensively starved blueline.

I mean its great to predict that every one will go through either a career progression or a bounce back but that never happens, usually for every guy that either bounces back or progresses, you'll get a guy that continues his slide or regresses.

On top of that its ok for example to be optimistic that the Flames will improve offensively because they spent the off season addressing offense. With the Oilers they did nothing to address their offense. This is a team with 2/3rds of a good line in McDougall and Tenderness and a center that doesn't seem to do all that well at center scoring wise.

This is also a team that had a game plan after December of we're not going to win anyways so get the puck to the golden boy so he can win some trophies and feel better about himself and his laziness without the puck.

The Oilers last year offensively were like a baseball team who's pitchers couldn't get the ball over the plate, and they didn't address their pitching.

No offense from their blueline, and Nurse and Klefbom and Larsson aren't exactly offensive wizards. Tremendously bad winger depth, and a bottom 6 that couldn't score in a doll brothel.

I would expect that any improvements will be minimal, and that the biggest shock to idiots like Staples and the Oilers fanbase is that Admiral Yamamoto isn't even near to being NHL ready.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: