View Single Post
Old 05-15-2024, 09:10 AM   #3184
Tibnadian_tpd
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
He had 55 points in 61 games in 2022-23, which is uncommonly good for a draft-minus-1 season. If anything, I'm asking why he didn't get more points this season. He's showing who he really is in the playoffs. 29 points in his last 21 regular season games too.

Plus, there's plenty of star players who hovered around a ppg in their draft season.
Was able to catch a few games in the North Bay/Oshawa playoff series, and Beckett Sennecke reminds me of a poor man's Mark Scheifele of similar size, with a worse shot and somewhat inferior skating, but with similar stickhandling style and some playmaking ability without wowing with any of his passes. From what I can glean from my limited viewings in those playoff games, he doesn't appear to be an uberly talented creator, shooter or play driver. He seems like a complementary player that doesn't utilize his size very well either. I would be surprised if he has the ability to become a point per game type player at the next level, however he has a chance to become a nice secondary offensive complementary piece. I think 5th overall will be too high to take a chance on him, although he is a draft riser.
Tibnadian_tpd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tibnadian_tpd For This Useful Post: