View Single Post
Old 05-09-2024, 08:55 AM   #1209
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Article up on the Athletic on Tanev ...

https://theathletic.com/5480682/2024...w&source=nhltw

Quote:
“When we played against him, we knew he blocked tons of shots,” fellow Stars blueliner Esa Lindell said Wednesday. “I feel like that’s the first thing people talk about him. But maybe it surprised me how well he plays with the puck, too. Like the poise and when he holds onto it and dekes the first forechecker, then he makes that tape-to-tape pass.

“Off the ice, so kind and just a humble guy,’’ continued the Finnish blueliner. “I felt like right away he fit into the locker room. Now it feels like he’s been with us longer than just the trade deadline. He gives fist pumps all around and chats with everyone. Just a kind person.”
Quote:
“He’s hands-down one of my favorite players,” Conroy told The Athletic via text message on Wednesday. “It’s amazing what he did behind the scenes with our guys, making sure they were always taken care of. His work ethic in the gym and on the ice was second to none. It’s always about the team.

“His ability to play through injuries is also something that stood out,’’ continued the Flames GM. “The way he treated the support staff was also second to none. I’m praying they win the Cup, because he deserves it.’’
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post: