View Single Post
Old 05-02-2024, 03:12 PM   #19309
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
So what exactly is conservative about that?

Are non-conservatives capable of achieving this?
Have conservative politicians never presented a proposal they have no idea how to fund?

I take issue with the "Fiscally conservative" because it simply isn't a thing.
At the very least what you're describing isn't a thing that should be attributed to one side of the political spectrum or the other.

Neither Conservatives nor Liberals tend to follow that play book when it comes to getting elected, or running the show, so why do we give one side so much credit for some mythical thing we all love, but doesn't actually exist, and if it does, certainly isn't the sole possession of one party or political wing.
Not spending more money than you have?

Governments over-spend constantly because they dont have limits, thats the Conservatism.

I keep saying this, if new programs aren't economically sustainable they will crumble and fail and then nobody wins, but so many people seem to believe that Government funds are Magic and they just appear out of nowhere.

And I know that it isnt 'Party Specific' which is why I dont consider myself either a Conservative nor a Liberal.

I'm all for Social programs to help the less fortunate. If the Government can afford to pay for them.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote