View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 08:43 PM   #2554
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I disagree with your opinion. His hockey IQ is IMO off the charts. The problem for a lot of people I think is he makes hard plays look super simple.

My one knock against Lindstrom is learning how to slow the game down to make plays.

Helenius doesn't need to learn that, in fact, he's so intuitive he knows how to position his opposition to make his plays.

It's the tiniest details in his game that make him IMO elite.

Like I said earlier, he doesn't jump out at you with his play, but his efficiency is crazy.

I recommend taking a deeper dive into the player, he's quite special.

Yup. Its not always perfect but according to Byron Bader's model he has the 6th highest NHL star probability and the 3rd highest NHLer probability (99%) of players from this draft.

He's young for this draft so it do what he did against men when he was 17 for the entire season is impressive.

Celebrini
Demidov
Parekh
Buium
Levshunov
Helenius
Catton
Yakemchuk

That's how the Hockey Prospecting model has the star probability for the top 8.

Backlund hadn't shown anywhere close to the offensive potential of Helenius at the same age. Neither had a guy like Aho for that matter. But not quite on the level that a guy like Barkov was at.

Now using strictly NHLe to gauge a draft pick isn't perfect, but when the question mark in the players offensive upside it kind of alleviates concerns, the offensive talent is there.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 05-01-2024 at 08:55 PM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post: