View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 12:53 PM   #19239
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCboicgy View Post
Going to paint UCP and a lot of their supporters with a broad brush here, so let me acknowledge that, but I think one of the underlying reasons for their disdain for low-income Albertans comes from a belief that if you are poor you are a) lazy b) unqualified/uneducated (nice way of saying dumb), c) not righteous, or d) all of the above.

Just my personal experience recently: I've run into more of a certain type of religious people who believe that the only way you can have this temporal success is by being super pious, and those folks who are struggling financially are, in effect, less righteous.

With the TBA idiots and their home-schooled zealot leadership, I wouldn't be surprised if that was an underlying part of their cruelty: "we aren't punishing the poor because they are poor, but because they haven't been blessed enough."
Which is just so antithetical to the teachings of, you know, Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Which is funny because according to the bible, God loves everyone equally... so why is he (suspiciously) playing favourites? Things that make you go hmmmm.
God actually doesnt love everyone equally. He despises the rich.

Quote:
"How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

— Matthew 19:23–27, NRS
Quote:
And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in; it chokes the Word, which becomes unfruitful

— Mark 4:19, NRSV[
This has been largely ignored by most, and for the most part lessened by the belief that god doesn't hate the rich so long as they use their wealth "righteously"

Last edited by Cappy; 05-01-2024 at 01:00 PM.
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote