View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 09:47 AM   #839
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Petterson seems a bit like Gaudreau to me. Lots of talent, but capable of disappearing and when he’s not making really fantastic plays he’s not effective at all. And maybe he is injured and those kind of players are more hampered by injuries than guys that can power through.
I think that he is injured because he looks like he is overthinking everything, is a half step behind, and he hasn't been able to get any quality shots off that I can recall. He hasn't scored against a quality opponent in almost a month and has just looked mediocre. Now it could be a mental thing but he isn't a big body and I think that makes him more susceptible to getting injured from regular contact that happens to all NHL players over an 82 game season.

My takes after a nights rest:

I still don't really like the Canucks chances in this series as they have looked like the second best team on the ice for prolonged periods of time.

I really didn't like the boarding call against Joshua last night. If a player has played the puck and then puts themselves into a vulnerable position immediately after playing the puck I don't know what should be called. Luke Evangelista dumps the puck in and then spins into the boards, gets hit and then snaps his head back to sell the call. Not the reason the Canucks lost the game, that is from only scoring one goal, but it feels like this happens a lot and it keeps getting called.
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote