View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 07:21 AM   #12049
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Conservative leader Pierre Poilievre says he would use "whatever tools the constitution allows" to pass criminal justice laws if his party forms the next government.

Speaking to the Canadian Police Association on Monday, Poilievre promised to implement more stringent requirements for bail and make it harder for convicted murderers to transfer out of maximum security prisons.

"All of my proposals are constitutional," Poilievre said.

"We will make them constitutional using whatever tools the constitution allows me to use to make them constitutional. I think you know exactly what I mean."

Poilievre didn't explicitly say what tools he was referring to and his office provided no official comment when asked for clarification.
Cool man, vaugeries. Just what we need in a PM. You have conviction for something? Stand up and ####ing say it then.
Quote:
"I will be the democratically elected prime minister, democratically accountable to the people and they can then make the judgments themselves on whether they think my laws are constitutional," Poilievre said in his speech on Monday.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/poi...188964?cmp=rss

That's...not how parliamentary democracies work, you ####ing imbecile. Goddamit. Preston Manning's Conservative fascists are on a tear. Can we please, please stop this trash?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: