View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 11:19 AM   #51
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Meanwhile, some of the most toxic online communities as rated by the public or by their impact on radicalization are have been anonymous online forums like reddit and 4chan, types of social media platforms to which this forum is most similar. And Twitter, of course, which is another text-forward platform.

Obviously, TikTok (like all social media) has a lot to criticize and has likely fundamentally changed the way we consume things (in a lot of ways for the worse), but I think people should be at least semi-aware of the irony in complaining about a social media platform on another social media platform.

It’s not like we have a shortage of dopamine hunters or dumb people rattling off about things. You don’t have to look far to find someone obsessing about the “thanks” other posters get, or the constant trickle of misinformation, or people who cry “groupthink” or brag about the block button any time their position is questioned.

I agree with the premise of what you’re saying. I’m just not sure that you should feel that much worse for people on TikTok than you do for people here.
At least the most delusional thing posted regularly on this site is misguided beliefs that we ought to cheer for the Calgary Flames hockey club...
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to timun For This Useful Post: