View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 10:54 AM   #36
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://calgaryherald.com/sports/hoc...-for-wranglers

Quote:
Stromgren, listed at 6-foot-3 and 195 lb., can’t control his draft position and the comparisons that come as a result. To his credit, he continues to show that he too is worth getting excited about, that he could be a future factor for the Flames.

It’s worth nothing that Stromgren, who turns 21 in June, is the youngest dude in the Wranglers’ playoff lineup.

“I gotta say, he kind of surprises me. He’s really, really good,” praised Wranglers buzzsaw Jakob Pelletier, who had Stromgren as his linemate in the late stages of the regular season. “He’s fast. He’s really fast. He’s a thinker. He wants to make plays. He wants to play in the offensive zone. He’s not afraid to use his body, as well.”

“He’s one of those kids that you can never count him out,” echoed head coach Trent Cull during Friday’s post-game interview with Wranglers TV. “Because he has really good ability and he can come up in those big situations.”

“I would say, from the beginning until Christmas, it was tougher than I expected, for sure,” Stromgren said, recapping his progress as an AHL rookie. “But new year and on, I think I’ve been playing my game again and playing my game better. It gives me confidence. I think the second half of the season has been so much better than my first. It’s kind of a different hockey here in Canada, and you just have to get used to that. I think the beginning was tough for me, but I’ve smoothed it out in the second half.
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Canada 02 For This Useful Post: