View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 11:51 AM   #712
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

If I'm an Oiler fan I'm on an emotional razor's edge.

The Oilers have become the same old Oilers, they look bad in 5v5 situations, their goaltending looks shaky, their defensive zone coverage has really slipped in the first two games of this series.

Its team pp all over again. If the Kings had gotten half way unshakey goaltending this series could be 2-0 for the Kings, and we could be talking about a Miracle on Manchester V2.0 possibility here.

This is probably the best hope for the Oiler fans for a Stanley Cup. The window probably slams 3/4 of the way shut if they don't win it all this year. Going into next year they have 13 players under contract with about 10 million in cap space.

After years of Holland and Bobby Burger their farm team and prospect depth is pretty much barren, there's no real help coming from there.

Next year that window slams shut, if they don't win a cup or get to the finals can we really believe that resting b$tch face Draisatl is going to resing there, and if he does, the Oilers probably can't afford what will likely be a 5 million dollar + raise.

Hey, I still don't think that the Kings are going to beat the Oilers, but if that's a sign of optimism for Oiler fans its misguided, its equivalent to me bragging that I punched out a baby.

But, the worst thing you can do is give an underdog hope, and if the Kings can avoid the penalty box or figure out a way to limit the Oilers when they're on the pp, the Oilers might start to feel some doubt, and I don't think McDavid with his "lets go" style of shoulder tapping leadership is all that great.

Lets go Kings.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: