View Single Post
Old 04-25-2024, 12:47 PM   #11995
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
You can’t exactly, in that just because provincial conservative parties act a certain way the federal one will, but the things PP is saying and doing point very much to a similar, right wing populist approach that might be good for some business, but leave the rest of us worse off.
Ya I kinda get that and see where you’re coming from. He’s not as bad as the Libs though, so, shrug? Least worst.

It’s always tough to know how much political parties mean when they say and campaign on things. That’s why I ask others about the federal NDP. Trudeau’s liberals say and look like they’ll do a lot of things but how much do they follow through on it? Dunno. I think that’s why when you see some of the crazy UCP things and then we get the Fuzz’s of the world saying “they showed you what they were, why did you idiots vote for this”? He’s right, but sometimes pandering to more radical groups to generate support doesn’t translate into governance / policy for those groups when in power. Maybe it does but many times it doesn’t. I just think it’s such a game, and tough to really know. I didn’t vote for UCP, but I could see people thinking they’d trend back to the middle if they won an election- like I can see that logic.

So like Singh says he hates oil and gas and their party wants to imprison people for vouching for it (lol), but like, will he? Seems extreme and insane to me.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote