View Single Post
Old 04-25-2024, 11:28 AM   #38
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
Big time bump!

I've decided I want to get into recording music recently. Been playing guitar forever, but last year I ended up writing a couple songs, and now I've got the bug.

From what I've read, its as simple as a USB audio interface that has phantom power, and an XLR condenser microphone. That part I understand.

But then when it comes to the laptop or software to use, I'm really not sure what to go with.

Wondering what others have used? I dont think I need anything fancy, but would like to add drums maybe, the other instruments and vocals I would record myself.
Epic bump lol..I have a response in this thread from 2011!

Anyways, if you've got a mac, I recommend you just jump into garageband. Its plenty functional and its free. You'll get used to the recording workflow and there's plenty of in built features to get your mixes sounding good.

I actually recently went back to using garageband more than some of the more feature rich software I had just because it helps me focus on the actual musical ideas and not get lost in learning complicated software.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote