View Single Post
Old 04-25-2024, 10:55 AM   #463
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine09 View Post
My job is fine, salary is decent but out of all my friends and most people I know I'm making way less. That's why I have to work sidejobs during evenings and weekends from time to time, it's exhausting and sometimes I get annoyed that I have to put in so many hours and bust my ass. Oh well.

Bought 10 years ago, have done all renos myself. I'll likely sell and downsize when I'm older.
Sounds like your issue is more with your own career path. Living with a partner and potentially having kids is not going to make that seem any better.

You seem to be down on yourself about it already, wait until you feel the pressure of having to provide for others, or you end up with a partner who points out your failings (yes, many do that).

One good thing about being single is that you have way more flexibility. Taking the time to look for other jobs, increase your skills, get more education is a lot easier when you only have a single person's bills coming in.

I mean sure, if you managed to find a partner who earns just as much or more money than you and evenly splits the bills, without also wanting to increase the cost of your lifestyle, you could be better off, but good luck with that.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote