View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 10:36 AM   #26
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SutterBrother View Post
If you're a good cop and you were presented the prosecutor's case here, you would think you were on the right side.

If you know the actual facts and you still protected them, then yeah, you're part of the problem. But I don't think the majority of cops are like that.
It’s interesting. I have social media and pretty much don’t like the self indulgent and performative aspect to most of it these days but I do have cop friends and family who the second a cops life is harmed, they’ll post some ridiculous blue line post sending their thoughts. Or when a police horse or person dies, every policeman will come out on taxpayer dime to be at the funeral. But not once have I seen a fellow cop call out another based on their dirty deed or something they did which wasn’t ethical. At the very least they don’t care. I’m against all forms of performative bull#### but why do it for some things and not others in the same vein? There’s a hush hush culture. Every officer know if you get pulled over to subtly show you have a badge to get off. The rules don’t apply to all as it would to you and me here, and that’s the problem. I’d go so far to say most cops are complicit in allowing this culture to keep going as it doesn’t affect them. It’s selfish.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post: