View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 06:55 AM   #1695
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemit14 View Post
This. I agree that Ullmark will cost more than Markstrom but if Dallas is willing to trade their 2024 1st round pick… that alone should be more than enough to get Ullmark. To me, if Calgary really wants that pick from New Jersey, it will take at least the Vancouver 2024 1st round pick as a sweetener… that would be a way to “outbid” Boston for that 10th overall pick. Something like:

To Calgary:
New Jersey’s 2024 1st round pick (10th overall)

To New Jersey:
Markstrom (50% retained)
Vancouver’s 2024 1st round pick (30th overall)
Calgary’s 2nd round pick (42nd overall)

I know that seems like a lot for a single pick… but teams hate trading first round picks at the draft… and they really hate trading top ten picks at the draft… and they really, really hate trading top ten picks for 34-year-old goalies. Going to take a lot to get that pick.

But it would be exciting to see that happen if it meant the flames got Iginla + Lindstrom/Buium/Yakemchuk/Helenius. It would also work out great if Calgary got the pick before they made their own 1st pick… Conroy could announce the first pick (9th overall) and Jarome could announce the second pick (10th overall).
That would not be a good trade. Suspect in about 10 days Colorado will be in the market for a goalie. In 8 days the Kings will be in the market for a goalie and if Freddie Andersson continues to have uneven performances and the Canes do not make it past the 2nd round Carolina could be in the market for a goalie.

If there are 3-4 teams in the market for a goalie there will be way better trades than that one.

https://soundofhockey.com/2022/06/06...aft-picks/amp/

Using that pick value chart your trade values a 50% Markstrom at the value of a 2nd round pick. At that rate of return the Flames might as well keep Markstrom.

If you eat 2 million the Sens might even be willing to give up their first, Pinto and Korpisalo for Markstrom and a second. There are way more options for Conroy than the Devils.

Last edited by Aarongavey; 04-23-2024 at 07:37 AM.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote