View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 07:31 PM   #12
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
I used to work in a job where we had a lot of new Canadians. There were a couple of times I ended up being tasked to approach the person about their BO. A trend I saw was that some people didn't have the exposure to the chemicals we all did growing up, so they would get a bad rash from any sort of deodorant.

Now I'm sure there are better sensitive skin options, but back then the better option was either just baby powder under their arms, or there were more options geared towards women that worked better for them as they were marked to be "gentler."

There are substantially chemical free deodorants available at places such as Amaranch and Community Natural. They are great. Look up "Green Beaver Deodorant" for example.

Sometimes it's also the clothing... I have some older sports clothes that when they come out of the washer/dryer they smell fine, but after 5-10mins of working out the stink comes out. So daily work/sports wear tends to build up. I've learned to only wash my workout stuff with workout stuff and use the "Sportswear" setting on my washer, with extra rinse. More importantly use a sports-specific detergent which makes a HUGE difference as they tackle the oils/fats that are more prevalent from activity.

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/6024-1...lour=NO_COLOUR
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote