View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 11:22 AM   #11865
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
So do many of the “people being employed” that you waved your hand and grouped together. But here we are.

The point that you missed, and that a lot of people who whine about the public sector miss, is that while there are people who don’t bring a ton of value (same is true of the private sector), there are also a lot of people who really, really do and don’t just work their asses off dealing with a system that is very difficult to work in, but bring a lot of value doing so (same is true of the private sector).

Population goes up. Public sector employment goes up. But people still say, “well, why aren’t things BETTER?”

Meanwhile there’s someone working at HR Block doing a job that I effectively just dig on an app, for myself, for free, flawlessly. But hey, Carl at HR Block is “growing the economy” and “providing value” I guess lol.
But people are paying Carl at HR Block and actively making that choice and the minute they figure out they can do it themselves, Carl will lose his job. The public sector employee won't.

FWIW, I don't blame the people in public sector, there's just not a lot of incentive to do a good job and almost no incentive to change the status quo so why bother. Over time that just wears out the "go-getters".