View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 09:23 AM   #11
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
I hear you.

But I think it's still a better indication than the mental gymnastics of Montreal and Ottawa winning out and the Flames losing out to get to a magical place that is unlikely as hell.
I doubt we get into the 5 spots, to me that is very unlikely.

But the odds of slipping are still likely. The teams behind us are young teams, with young players really breaking out of late and excited to come to the arena each day. management will want to keep that momentum going. Cooley and Guenther, they are on fire of late. Slafkovsky, Suzuki and Cauflield are playing great. Ottawa has Tkachuk, Batherson and Stutzle all playing great and Chabot back and healthy. These teams have never been in the race but playing good of late and all because of the future of the team.

Flames have been playing 48-point pace hockey since the Hanifin deal, a team with a lot of vets carrying them and those vets were playing for the playoffs and then trades happened. They are still playing hard, but it has to be much harder come to the arena every night now and play hard to win game than it was around a month ago.
Macho0978 is offline   Reply With Quote