View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 02:19 PM   #19
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarongavey View Post
Dickinson does everything well. I doubt he plays in the NHL next year (because it would not be best for his development) but seeing him live he already looks like a NHL dman. Hunter B is going to be a player for the Flames (as a comparable) but Dickinson is a much better overall defender already than Hunter (despite Hunter having way better offensive stats). He is a relatively late 06 birthday too (as is Iginla) so one could make the argument he has even more room to grow compared to older guys in the draft.
That's fair. I forgot we have Hunter B coming up, so maybe we already have a QB.

I really like that Dickinson is only 17 and is already 6'3 194. I'm just not super familiar with average point totals year over year, etc. Like I know what a point-per-game means for an NHL D, but what does it mean for an OHL D? Of the two I compared, one has 70 in 68, the other has 96 in 66. Are both considered elite numbers, with one just being more elite than the other? Or is 96 considered elite, and 70 just "good/very good"?

Also, I put a lot of stock in playoff performances compared to regular season. Do they elevate in bigger games or do they stay the same? Do they fall off instead?
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote