View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 08:48 AM   #1272
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust View Post
@TheoFleury14
The federal government has quietly begun the creation of Personal Information Banks (PIB) to collect and store data on Canadians. We were not consulted nor informed about the creation or existence of these databases and they are being collected without our permission or knowledge. Categories of information include biometrics (DNA, blood type, eye/facial scan, fingerprints, etc), personal biography, medical history, financial history, credit information, opinions or views of or about individuals, and much more.
So. Fleury is a nutbar. We all know that, so lets just get it out of the way.

I think the Government has had 'Personal Information Banks' in some sense, on citizens since...I want to say like maybe the early 90s?

For the most part it essentially was just Fintrac, it expanded after a while because....I think having a central database for people actually helps them for the most part? Especially people with Health concerns?

For instance, Albertan goes to visit Family in Ontario, gets sick...."Oh look! All your Health info!"

DNA....I think thats only problematic if there become insurance concerns, but I dont know enough about that to really comment.

Blood Type? I dont see a problem with that. I dont even know my own blood type. Who would care? Why? And if some stranger knew what my blood type was? So what?

Facial/Eye scan, etc. So what?

I pity the poor bastard in the basement of some Government building who has been set the task of compiling my Personal Biography, presumably so Justin can kick back in his easy-chair by the fireplace in his home, presumably within the realm of the Laurentian Elites, with a glass of brandy and peruse the life-story of Locke...that Tax Guy from Calgary.

I'm sure its riveting stuff. A real page-turner.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

The World Ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. - Flames Fans

Life is pain. Anyone who says differently is selling something. - The Dread Pirate Roberts
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: