View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 08:10 PM   #16
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
I have a Dygma Defy with Kailh box white switches. It's definitely a different experience. Adjustment time is a legit issue though if you work hybrid. The ortholinear layout is so different, and the split layout is such a no-brainer. Something like this, stripped down to the essentials, is the future of keyboards.
I guess I'm not surprised to hear that about the Defy, because of the ortholinear (well, I guess columnar, it's still staggered) layout. But the Raise is actually not that big an adjustment. The split and tented keyboard takes a slight bit of getting used to especially if you have bad habits (i.e. pressing a key near the middle of the layout with the wrong finger) but it really didn't take me very long, and the raise's design (whereby you can just use it as a normal staggered horizontal row keyboard and then gradually split it) makes that part easy to adjust to as well - although I never had much of an issue from the start with that.

I decided against the defy for more or less that reason - I'm going to have to type on staggered keyboards a lot, on laptops and otherwise, and I don't want it to feel awkward.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 04-03-2024 at 08:12 PM.
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote