View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 02:06 PM   #7731
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
I don't disagree with any of what you said, but I'll note that there are ways to fix all of those issues. You can change puzzle timing to be more lenient at any time, and you can turn off visual effects to improve performance on the Switch version. I ended up turning them back to defaults at some point and lived with the performance issues. I noticed the game ran more smoothly in docked mode than portable mode.

I took a break after finishing the base game before diving into the DLC. When I read the description of the DLC and that it had their biggest dungeon ever, I knew I'd want a break because the dungeons are definitely long. Those minor gripes don't cancel out all the great things the game does. I'm glad there's a game out there that tries to make both combat and puzzle solving trickier than normal, and I'm glad they have options to make things easier for those who don't want that.
Yeah, I had a lot of the visual effects turned off for better performance and I found it helped a lot in the first half of the game but the issues kept getting more pronounced the farther I went. I definitely had a lot of fun with it to a point, just started getting too frustrated and lost interest. I didn't know there was an option to make the puzzle timing more lenient though.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote