View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 11:29 AM   #50
BigFlameDog
First Line Centre

Exp:

My wife was not a hockey fan before year of the run, she just didn't grow up with the game. Tickets were easy to get and her first game was Kipper's debut....Boom!!! Instant favorite player for her to this day.

There was a deal where if you signed up for a 2004/05 game pack you had playoff tickets so we did that expecting, like most, a couple games vs. the Canucks and then see ya next year. We hit all the home games but one where we just couldn't make it work.

At that time she was still working in the field (wildlife biologist) to she was waking up every morning at 3 am to work the day. I would meet her at work with a fresh set of clothes and her jersey and she would have a wetnap bath on the way to the Dome. We would eat supper upstairs and then watch the game usually vibrating after. Would get her home for a real shower hit the sack and her partner would pick her up at 3:30 for work the next day. Away games were her kind of break, although the 8pm starts were tough lol.

Die hard Flames to this day and Hockey mom to two diehard Flames fan hockey playing daughters.

The run definitely produced 3 new lifelong Flames fans.