View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 10:11 PM   #65
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSXCman View Post
Just finished ep3. So what is this universe? Morph is alive and Magneto is the leader. Is this a popular comic series? Where did it branch off from the original cartoon?
It's a continuation of the 90s Cartoon, which ended with Magneto and the X-men together saying goodbye to Prof-X as he flew off to space to seek medical treatment for his Alien Empress girlfriend. This show picks up seemingly about 6-10 months later with Jean (not Jean) 9 month pregnant, and Magneto being willed the Professors property with a mandate to continue his mission (which Magneto accepts). It appears to be an official cover story that Xavier died rather than publicly stating that he left earth for health-care reasons, which is why Magneto was able to exercise Xaviers will.

Yes there have be several popular runs of the comics where Magneto joined and or lead the X-men. I believe they a specifically pulling from a run in the 80s where Magneto wore the purple sleeveless costume we are seeing, and the Jean / Sinister Jean clone / Goblin Queen story was written, I'd expect if you want to spoil the rest of season 1/2 then find the run of X-men written by the writer who wrote that story and read what else he has done with the other main characters, I think after episodes focusing on Cyclops then Magneto then Jean, over the two seasons we see an episode pretty focused on each individually; Jubilee, Sunspot, Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Bishop+Cable, Morph, Gambit, Rogue, Professor Xavier (I think there are some indications that nightcrawler will also be back), and they will probably pull from the same run for each of those characters.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote