View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 02:19 PM   #11578
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
It could be that the revenue neutral claim has fallen flat where even the PBO is advising that most Canadians will see a net loss. The carbon tax narrative is no longer working on Canadians, especially as the heating oil carve out killed the carbon climate angle (one which keeps getting omitted by those defending the tax).

https://www.pbo-dpb.ca/en/news-relea...ur-les-menages

Wow Giroux is going to be in the doghouse for not calling it the Canada Carbon Rebate

But don't let facts get in the way of your witty sarcastic retorts. Carry on
Sorry man, you’re just not very smart about this stuff and it’s pretty evident. I mean, you’re going to pretend “most Canadians will see a net loss” and talk about “facts” when the fact is that you’re conveniently light on the details and that the report you’re citing is talking about 2030-31, where it shows the average Canadian will actually get more in payments than it spends on the federal fuel charge (directly and indirectly) and related GST. Them “facts”?

Or, no, you’re talking about the “fiscal and economic impacts” section, right? Where it lumps employment income and investment income together with the actual fiscal component, and declares that because Joe Blow isn’t getting as good of a return on his investment into the oil sands or because even one position is phased out of that specific industry the money I get back from the rebate doesn’t count as much because, you know, we’re all part of the average!

Here’s your clown makeup. You forgot it big boy. But I guess if the average Canadian understood that report the same way you did, it makes sense.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post: