View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 01:28 PM   #11572
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
Mental gymnastics is posting a tweet from a radical environmentalist, selling the 23% carbon tax increase that came today as a Canada Carbon Rebates increase, a name that had been rebranded multiple times since clearly Liberals think the issue is communication, and trying to salvage a sinking ship by using a a provincial level politician's podcast from 3 years ago while calling her Marleina.

The Liberal message in recent months has been to sell the rebate part of the carbon tax increase at all costs with little mention of the climate change part , which as you can imagine lost meaning when the Liberals did their heating oil carve out and pandering based on regional partisanship. As Gudie Hutchings once famously said: “I can tell you Atlantic Caucus was vocal with what they've heard from their constituents, and perhaps they need to elect more Liberals in the Prairies so that we can have that conversation as well”. It appears that Canadians are ready to boot the Liberal-NDP coalition government instead and just waiting for the elections to clean house.

Danielle Smith made a positive mention of the carbon tax rebate 3 years ago, an innocuous and true statement at the time. This to you and the usual suspects (who ran in as quick as they could yet again I see) nullifies everything about the carbon tax situation in 2024.

But sure, I'm doing the gymnastics and damage control, for Danielle Smith of all people, someone who I voted against and despise? You just haven't been paying attention. So your goal is to have people admit that Danielle Smith is a grifter? Ok. Smith is a grifter. Now what? How does any of this help the federal Liberal brand (or the NDP for that matter)?
This isn’t really helping your case here. You don’t have to act unhinged and race to this thread every time someone isn’t criticizing the Liberals.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote