View Single Post
Old 03-31-2024, 12:48 AM   #1930
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
Yeah, me too. For me the problem is no one vehicle really offers a compelling package. As I wrote on the previous page I really really really want to love the Ford Maverick, but cost has scared me off; the other thing that soured me a bit is no plug-in hybrid with all-wheel-drive. I could have maybe justified the additional cost to myself if it was a plug-in with AWD, but such as it is... eh, I just can't do it.

The other great issue, as you allude to, is the profound lack of availability of plug-in hybrids in Alberta in general. You wouldn't know some of the hybrids nominally built by the manufacturers actually even exist in the real world. Might as well be written off as myth at this point.
PHEV vehicles are a lot more expensive to manufacture than pure ice or even mild hybrids, so they're often "compliance cars" which are essentially in the lineup only to avoid fines in places like California and Europe. They make only as many as they need to in order to comply as they don't make money in them

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compliance_car
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote