View Single Post
Old 03-30-2024, 10:32 AM   #1
pylon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Default The E-bike thread....

I know there is a cycling thread, but I don't want to upset the pedal purists in there (which I understand as I used to be one), with 70 pound electric motorcycles.

Anyway, so as many know here I am all about the internal combustion, so is my wife. My garage is overflowing with vehicles and has spilled out into the street. But I really wanted a cool E-bike to rip around the campground, ride to the corner store... basically any trip under 5 kms, I can leave the dino juice burners in the garage. I wanted a bike that can be throttle only and doesn't require pedaling. Like who wants to pedal uphill to get a popsicle? I wanted it to be cheap. I wanted it to look cool. I wanted a range of at least 30 kms, and a top speed of over 40 KPH.

So after a ton of research, I settled on this thing.....

Ridstar q20

https://www.amazon.ca/Ridstar-Electr...s%2C121&sr=8-1

I think it's the first time I bought one of these weird named Chinesium products that actually works as advertised. The quality is quite good, it performs as advertised (I'm 6'1" and weigh 250 lbs and it will go 46 KPH). As for the range, I haven't been able to test it yet, but all indications suggest this will get 40-50 kms/charge. The pedals are basically on this thing as a technicality in my opinion as it requires no pedaling.

I plan to customize it a bit to match my black and gold Kawasaki Z900 Cafe.

To me, something like this is a meaningful way to address climate change as well. Take away as many of the short trips as possible in a fun and easy way.

Let's see your e-bikes.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote