View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 12:48 AM   #13960
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
That’s because the CRA agent that instigated that request for information was none other than Mr. Computer who was looking for patterns. It’s heavily automated now.

Medical and donations receipts are almost always automatically flagged. Same as FTC.

audits wise, the CRA loves to blitz entire industries at a time. A request for information isn’t actually an audit. Mr computer has basically started doing like 3-5X more requests for information within the last 18-24 months. I had some people tell me it's impossible to audit crypto. Bruh, that's Mr Computer's job and the guy who set up one of the newer systems to do this type of project faster (amongst others) is a drinking buddy of mine. CRA is waiting for you dummies to do it a few times and then they'll hit you with 3-5 years of easy fines in one fell swoop.

Part of my ethos is client education. The point of our droning is so the government gets what is fair and not a penny more. Victories against the government within the rules of their own game is always worth celebrating.

But man, tough crowd sometimes. Like that scene in Shawshank. Try and help someone protect their money from the government and they still wanna throw you off a roof.
Agreed, which is why I tend to give out advice on the board rather frequently.

One of the major problems is that Mr. Computer can only do what he's told and the humans behind him keep getting dumber and dumber.

As for 'blitzing entire industries?'

Lets just say...this is way, way more common than people realize. I've gone through many phases of this kind of targeting.

CRA is not there to work for you. Its an actual conflict between the Government and the populace.

Speaking of which...remember when Trudeau gave CRA $1 Billion to start cracking down on off-shore sheltering schemes? Hows that been working out?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: