View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM   #201
flambers
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
I didn’t say the Jays had a good offseason. I’m saying there wasn’t a lot of these mythical corner OF power bats available .

Pitching depth in FAs was strong this offseason - something the Jays didn’t need

The best UFA hitters all had major flaws and ended up signing effectively 1 year deals

I would have preferred an upgrade on KK and KK being the 4th OF . I just didn’t see a lot out there without massively overpaying . And overpaying can put the team in a bad financial postition to sign vlad and /or Bo

Our minor league system is also very weak , so unless you wanted Tieds traded you aren’t getting anything of real value in the trade market .
Jays have an window, they are well into it. They need to decide should they add necessary pieces or not adding anything of substance.

Its the GM's job to improve the team, I don't see anything this past season that shows this team has improved

Can the core, have rebound seasons (i.e Vladdy, Varsho and Kirk)?

Trading prospects is clearly not an issue, look at what was traded at last year's trade deadline (i.e. for relief pitchers)
flambers is offline   Reply With Quote