View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 07:03 AM   #95
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Stealing may mean something different to Ohtani. In this case, it was given to the interpreter, under false pretenses.

I still think someone was extorting the interpreter, the interpreter told Ohtani he needs $1M, lies as to why. Ohanti or his business manager gives it to him without much more question, and then finds out it was for gambling debt.

That's the angle I think Ohtani will argue. And because he's loyal, even though was lied to for the reason for the money, and basically it was stolen from him, but, he won't press charges in the end.

That the angle I think they are trying to set up, whether it passes the smell test or not remains to be seen.
Ohtani “pressing charges” is kind of a Hollywood construct. He and his handlers have now said a few times that a massive theft occurred. They won’t answer any questions but question is whether anyone has filed a police report and if the crime is being investigated. He doesn’t really get to decide whether the alleged thief is punished.

I get what you are describing but a no strings gift sure doesn’t seem like stealing. If what you are saying is true, Ohtani is outright lying.
Strange Brew is online now   Reply With Quote