View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 10:27 PM   #282
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Middle age is fully annoying. Too old to enjoy the things of youth or have any hopes or plans for the future. Too young to say "#### it" and just enjoy life...duties are required.

Someone give me some advice for my impending mid-life crisis. I'm struggling to find the joy in the day to day, even though I have it good compared to so many others in terms of finance and relationships/family.

Also, side note (not so side note looking at it now), I'm seriously thinking of taking Wegovy to lose weight. I'm currently at 285 lbs., and it's been getting worse over time. I was already fairly large at 250 a few years ago, but then having kids adds weight due to lifestyle changes, and then a pandemic made things even worse. I noticed the issue about 2 years ago and began correcting diet. It's not perfect, but I eat a very healthy diet and moderate portions...no change in weight. I try to be active, but now with the added weight, it's getting increasingly hard to do much more than a brisk walk or an intermittent jog. It's not changing anything. I'm at a point where I feel like I need a hard reset so I CAN be active again, so hence the consideration of medication.

However, it makes me feel very weak and pathetic to rely on a medication to fix my issues. I've been trying to do it just on lifestyle alone, but the needle isn't moving much. I worry that it will become a permanent feature of my life if I start the drug. I know the long-term detriment of added weight, and I just don't want those consequences. Despite my mid-life crisis, I want to be around for my family long-term.

Help. I'm in a bad state at the moment, and I need advice and support.
On the medication front you wouldn’t feel guilty about taking drugs to treat cancer. Dont feel guilty about a weight loss drug. Weight is not about will power and it’s not a moral issue, it’s a medical condition.

On the day to day enjoying life what do you do just for yourself? Do you have anything you do for your own joy? If not find something that you do for you and no one else and make that a priority.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote