View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 04:26 PM   #5256
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Vail View Post
What e-sim do you recommend?
Airalo is still the market leader in this space by a country mile. And historically they've always had the most happy customers. I can't really comment on whether or not their support has taken a nosedive (that's just what I've heard), as I've only ever had to contact their support once, and that was a few years ago. >80% of the time someone mentions using an e-sim, it's likely Airalo.

HolaFly, Nomad, and Ubigi are the other 3 I see mentioned the most. I tried Ubigi in Colombia recently and it worked perfectly.

At the end of the day, e-sim providers all essentially work in an identical fashion with the same underlying technology and often use the same providers. Although not always.

When you go to the e-sim's website, and click on the country name, and pretend to go through the steps, you can see who they're *really* using as the provider. (it varies by country) That is about the only differentiating factor for me.

Customer support could potentially be the other differentiating factor, but like I say, on over 20 trips with e-sims I've only had to contact support once about the e-sim not working. So I can't really say how good or bad support really is for any of these e-sim providers. I'd say >95% of the time I see someone mention their experience with using an e-sim, it's a positive experience.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post: