View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 12:17 AM   #34
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are there any other of these guys kicking around in Europe who could make decent NHL players?

Probably a long shot, but former NHL player Nikita Gusev is breaking scoring records in the KHL this season. Now, he is 31 and undersized (5'8", 175), but he did put up 44 points in 66 games with the Devils in his rookie season. They traded him to Florida the following season where he couldn't get it going, and then went back to the KHL.

At his age, he might not want to bother, but if is was free asset and it worked out, it would be one more thing you could trade at the trade deadline.

Another guy I think about sometimes is Filip Chlapik (26). He was a former 2nd rounder of the Sens and they had pretty high hopes for him. They got him into games right after junior and flipped him back and forth between the AHL and NHL. He never really clicked, but he always showed flashes. He had a bomb of a shot. Since leaving the Sens, he has been tearing it up in the Czech and Swiss leagues. Could he be a guy that deserves another look now that he is entering his prime?

Former Rangers draft pick, Dominik Lakatos (26) is another guy I would love to see in the NHL. The guys is a heart and soul player, like to hit and cause a ruckus. He led his team in scoring with his accurate wrist shot. At the NHL level, I see him in the bottom 6 (think Pospisil) as a guy who is fast, feisty and can draw penalties, and pot a few goals. He is a fan favourite over there.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 03-11-2024 at 10:24 AM.
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlamesAddiction For This Useful Post: