View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 09:11 PM   #18
butterfly
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
I fundamentally disagree.

I think your team that makes the playoffs should be more / less substantially the same team that plays the season or exits the season. The NHL already has an issue with two different sets of officiating between season and playoffs and so you make the differentiation even larger by allowing two different teams to compete for the Cup. Otherwise the NHL is really a two league system. A regular season system with a salary cap and then this other random tournament system with different rules and teams for the playoffs.

But isn’t the point of playoffs to determine the best team? Or are they actually just trying to have some gimmicky all-star tournament?
I agree that I’d like to see what you’re arguing should be the case, but since it isn’t the case, why get mad at Las Vegas for figuring it out and taking advantage of it?

The best team is figured out through an 82 game season, but people adore tournaments and think whoever wins one is actually better, and attribute it to all kinds of unquantifiable factors that never include random variation.
butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote