View Single Post
Old 03-09-2024, 01:24 PM   #164
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
The understanding I got was that no one really ever took that accusation seriously. If I understood correctly, the provider is well known and widely used, there's no history of there being a problem with them, and there's just nothing to suggest that they had done anything wrong. So that's how that thread leads to nowhere.

I'm thinking it's not also super relevant for the Gutierrez case or the Baldwin case, if there was an issue with the ammo provider, there would be a separate trial against them.
Yeah this was my understanding too, it just surprised me the defence didnt target these questions more because it's not about total innocence as much as a reasonable doubt and it seemed like an opportunity to go harder. They did establish it took months to search his place, which seems pretty weird. But ultimately she's supposed to check every piece of ammunition going into the gun so I guess it IS sort of moot. And it's not like she raised concerns about the ammunition status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
There are unconfirmed rumors that people used guns from the set to shoot at beer cans for fun, and something like that seems to be by far the most likely explanation.

Just general recklessness, people being stupid, treating guns like toys.
Yeah this was also part of the initial rumours. Surprised it didn't come up maybe they didn't find anyone to testify witnessing that.