View Single Post
Old 03-09-2024, 07:19 AM   #242
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec214 View Post
There is nothing for the League to scrutinize. All the player has to say is what the doctors tell him and he supports it. Players are entitled to a second opinion if they want but if your okay with what the doctor says you really think the league is going to challenge the teams doctors?

This rarely happens and it was highly publicized in the Eichel situation in Buffalo. The league never spoke out about Buffalo and criticized the ownership of the team for not supporting the new age surgery.

Players have guaranteed contracts. You think Hossa, Pronger, Price, Weber ect are upset that they’re still making or made millions because their body broke down playing the game they love.

I think all the players you mentioned would gladly take the multiple cups and millions of dollars with them.
Oh, I think the League could definitely take a stricter approach. And I do think the League could challenge some team doctors. I also think team doctors are complicit in a lot of stuff - including going the other way - allowing players to play when they shouldn't.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post: