View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 12:33 PM   #4848
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossy22 View Post
That's awesome. BWR Arizona is on my bucket list for next year. This year I'm doing Sea Otter Gravel, then Fernie, then maybe one in the fall.

Would you do BWR again? Was it a good event?
Yes, I’m totally planning on doing it again next year. Great time of year to get away from winter (and home/family stuff isn’t busy either), weather is generally great down there, and the event and course were terrific.

I can’t remember if you do much mountain biking? I’m not a great technical mountain biker, but my skills were definitely an advantage over much of the field. There was a lot of single track and moto trail, lots of whoops, and punchy climbs. Really a very fun course.

And then having 1000 riders (including many of the top pros) show up in a fairly small town in Cave Creek, it was a fun vibe, and I had a airbnb just outside of the town and the scenery was absolutely gorgeous.

I would highly recommend it, and unless something unexpected comes up, I am planning on going back. If you want any more specific info feel free to PM me.

Are you doing any of the local gravel races? The Range, ghost of the gravel, or cochrane crusher? I’m doing all of those, they were all great in different ways last year.

Last edited by Ryan Coke; 03-06-2024 at 12:39 PM.
Ryan Coke is offline   Reply With Quote